<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7405530?origin\x3dhttps://piecesofjoy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, August 08, 2010,7:24 PM
-Hello sophomore year!

Goodbye to being a freshie, it's time to rise up and be a senior! I've got mixed feelings about being a senior, both excited and afraid. I guess it's the responsibilities that comes along. It's the time of the year I ask myself, "so what's next?"

It has been a crazy two weeks. Physically and mentally draining but I made new friends, had my own share of fun and had a teeny weeny bit of experience of what it was like to be a senior. :) Started off with FWOC where the freshies entered hall for the first time. I remembered seniors screaming "freshie!!" whenever we see a freshie alighting from a taxi/car. We carried their bags, brought them through the various booths in the mpsh and brought them to their rooms to clean up. Hall orientation games, pool games, SRC games were fun! :) Not forgetting the highlighted game of every FWOC was the dating game. Had a damn memorable experience as a senior, cause we get to be dated hence enjoying all the good things that come our way when any freshie tries their best to date us. Apart from all the unnecessary attention, I really enjoyed it because I had (traumatising) public performances, my door was nicely decorated, I got letters/gifts daily and suppers prepared for me. How awesome! But also, I felt really bad for not doing as much as they did for me. Anyway, we'll be having formal dinner on tuesday followed by the last airbender together as a hall :) I somehow miss my own dating game experience last year, and I do miss my mr bean lookalike date! Hahaha.

FWOC wasn't all easy. Apart from all the fun, the fwoc-ers sacrificed three months of their precious holidays to get these all planned out properly for the freshies. As a senior, we try our best to assist them in any way we could. As a senior, I finally understood how easy it was being a freshie and how tough it was when seniors had to do all the behind the scene work like going off slightly earlier before every meal just to lay out all the food for a few hundred hall residents, filling up water for the freshies, making sure that they're fine and having fun and sleeping a little because our day ends when we finished rag rush and seniors briefing at night. But it was enjoyable. :) We serve because we love the people we live with. Freshies graduation, homecoming and bbq night was memorable too and I was damn happy to see the graduated seniors come back to kr cause I miss them so much!

Flag day on tuesday and we had to get up at 0430 just had head to our respective mrt stations. Macs breakfast followed by flag collection. The morning crowd was crazy and I was so thirsty from repeating myself endlessly and I bumped into a senior working at tanjong pagar. :) After the morning rush we slept at tanjong pagar exchange till 1100 and continued flag collection till 1400. By then we were all drained. Headed to dhoby ghaut to get brownies for our dates and headed to vivo to meet the other groups for street dance! :) Most of us were dozing off during the movie. Haha. Block supper at night which was pretty enjoyable! :D

Signed up as rag helper again this year since there wasn't enough seniors. It's more fun to be a senior cause we get to eye power the freshies and give instructions to them to carry out. :D Two bump ins and we were ready to go! My group had to stay awake on thursday night 2300 to 0700 on friday morning to bring the props over to the src area and guard the props. Interacted with new freshies through games to keep us all awake. Some seniors bought for us supper yay! And the seniors got together to play r-o-c-k rock! We also talked to the raggers hence staying awake through the night wasn't a very tough job but we concussed in the mpsh once we laid on the floor. Slept for a couple of hours and headed to the src for rag day! :) 3 times defending champions of the chancellor shield and oh my we got damn high!!! Endless cheering and photo taking after that. Master even ordered macs for supper for everyone! :D It was a crazy night and I haven't felt so touched and happy in a while. It's those kind of happiness from the inside out when you see how much effort the raggers put in, how much passion they have and how supportive the entire hall is, you just can't help but feel something.

It's national day today, meaning school starts tomorrow. Ohhh myyyy..! Lots of packing to do and buying of necessities before heading back to hall tonight and an exciting sem awaits! :)




Welcome

Not because of who I am,
But because of what You've done,
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who You are! (:



Proile


Audrey Chong!
Stnicks/NJC
I belong to God forever.

Tagboard

Tagboard's below!! LOOK DOWN! Haha I'll shift it here after As okay.

Links

Tagboard

rahlovesme cecily chaiyue cherie clarice desmond duqian edwina gillian huei minn huixian ivy jana jason jiantong jieying jipeng joannah jolene joson justin kahyan lazypettihei leona liangming
liling liuyi meichen melissa nicole perfect10 rachel rebecca sarah shangfei sharon sheila si en singhui slryw stella sue anne twofaith vak vanessa VIVIENNE wan jie jie !!! :D xuejun yahui yanjia 07S24 CELLOBASS DEtribe
the CELL
WOMENDEYINYUE<3


Archives

•June 2004 •July 2004 •August 2004 •September 2004 •October 2004 •November 2004 •December 2004 •January 2005 •February 2005 •March 2005 •April 2005 •May 2005 •June 2005 •July 2005 •August 2005 •September 2005 •October 2005 •November 2005 •December 2005 •January 2006 •February 2006 •March 2006 •April 2006 •May 2006 •June 2006 •July 2006 •August 2006 •September 2006 •October 2006 •November 2006 •December 2006 •January 2007 •February 2007 •March 2007 •April 2007 •May 2007 •June 2007 •July 2007 •August 2007 •September 2007 •October 2007 •November 2007 •December 2007 •January 2008 •February 2008 •March 2008 •April 2008 •May 2008 •June 2008 •July 2008 •August 2008 •September 2008 •October 2008 •November 2008 •December 2008 •January 2009 •February 2009 •March 2009 •April 2009 •May 2009 •June 2009 •July 2009 •August 2009 •September 2009 •October 2009 •November 2009 •December 2009 •January 2010 •February 2010 •March 2010 •April 2010 •May 2010 •June 2010 •July 2010 •August 2010 •September 2010 •November 2010 •December 2010

Credits

layout by twowayticket
image from x
brushes from x x
inspired by x